Saturday, April 10, 2010

Layering Triumph




After announcing that I am the world's worst at layering perfume, I am pleased to present my second tested-on-skin-multiple-times layering success:

Tea Rose/Sur le Nil

Our local TJ Maxx has been carrying Tea Rose for several weeks, but it wasn't until I heard it described by Katie Puckrik - love her!- that I decided to make it part of my collection.

As it turns out, Tea Rose top notes are fantastic, but it dries down to something more...mundane.  The grapefruit opening of Sur le Nil provides just the right pop to the dewy rose, and SLN's development also rescues the Tea Rose base notes with a touch of woods and incense. 

Alone, they are both pleasant enough. Together, they smell like Easter Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails