Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Magic of Rain


Rain on the deck last night

For the past week, it has been raining at least part of every day. There is no amount of rain that would be too much for me, and it poured again last night after a deceptively sunny morning.  In my ideal world, each week would include five days of rain and two days of partly sunny skies. Maybe one day of full-on sun, but certainly no more than that.

Rain mirrors that cozy feeling in the middle of the night when it's chilly and I have snuggled into a warm blanket.  And rain is reflective - the introverted partner of the sun's growing power, a vacation from the predictability of the sun's rise and set.  Dark rainy days blur the lines between day and night, teasing my senses and adding the drama of midnight into the day's earliest hours. Rain interrupts the predictable and makes me believe anything is possible. 

Then there's the smell...wet rocks and evergreen, sweet dirt and cedar.  When it rains, I crave perfumes with patchouli and oakmoss, licorice and mint.  All of my senses are heightened and more alive on dark, wet days.  Rain brings with it a break in life's pace, a slowing of my heartbeat and a nostalgia that never fails to calm me and bring me joy.

Pluviophile - A lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days.

Photo my own

1 comment:

  1. However, this does not mean that they cannot afford to wear style and class on their wrists ever. For them, the option of replica watches is always there. All genuine replicas watches carry exactly the same aesthetic design and mechanism that the original rolex replica sale have. In fact, it is quite an expert’s job to point out any difference between the two. Moreover, although these replica watches sale are a lot cheaper than original rolex replica sale, they still have a higher price tag as compared to many other popular brands. Interestingly, nowadays, rolex replica uk are giving tough competition to many original brands since they easily beat the latter with their affordable price tags and seamless beauty.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails