Monday, January 2, 2012
Lessons Learned From My Blogging Break
Since October, I've been dabbling in a new creative pursuit (more on that later), contemplating the meaning of life and enjoying the holiday season with B-man, Paige and the rest of my family.
I've not been blogging at all. And while I intended to at least stay current on other blogs, I didn't do that, either.
During this hiatus, I have learned the following:
1) Blogger police live only in my head. While I'm certain Inner Critic meets them for donuts, they never actually showed up at my door.
2) The Kardashians are still vapid. And very soon, I will stop watching their reality TV shows.
3) Eating like the French still makes me happy.
4) Blogging is not a race nor a competition.
5) I can sit through five episodes of "Chopped" on Food Network without taking a break and I cry at the end of each show no matter who wins.
6) Pacing myself, in all endeavors, will be a life long lesson.
7) Eleven days off during the holidays makes me a happier, more well-balanced person.
8) Having held the same position for close to five years, I am ready for a new chapter in my work.
9) I have no idea what the new chapter looks like, but my mind is open.
10) Paige has watched one too many episodes of 'Keeping Up With The Kardashians.' After earning several holiday party timeouts, she is re-learning doggy etiquette and becoming less of a diva.
It's good to be back.
image from uscg.mil
Posted by Josephine at 8:51 AM