Friday, March 21, 2014

Bakhour by Al Rehab


For the life of me, I can't remember how I discovered Al Rehab perfume oils.  They must have popped up when I was researching something else on Fragrantica, my diversion-from-reality drug of choice.  However it happened, I'm glad I found them, and now I own six, which is all good because they are cheap.  Like, $3.95 cheap.  Inner Farm Girl hasn't even noticed.

Of course, cheap doesn't matter - even to me - unless the perfume smells good.  So far, several of the Al Rehab oils smell very good, but I seem to be stuck on one in particular: Bakhour.  Not exactly what I expected from an Arabian perfume oil, Bakhour is bright and floral-citrus, woody and vanilla-musky.  Some have compared it to Angel or Alien, but I don't get that.  Jasmine is definitely involved, but no more so than any other member of the ensemble.  What's most interesting about Bakhour is the drydown, which has the mustiness of a greenhouse.  Just the right touch to 'Arabize' the scent.

Bakhour lasts for 3-4 hours and has good sillage for a perfume oil. Al Rehab oils come in roll-on bottles, but they develop best when they are also rubbed into my skin rather than simply left alone to sit on the surface. Then I run my fingers through my hair to share the love a little more.  I'm wearing Bakhour today over Capri Seaside Citrus lotion by Bath and Body Works...the perfect combo on Spring's second day.

Image from fragrantica.com


9 comments:

  1. Oooh! And yes, the perfect price! (I am soo tired of all these new releases that are super expensive - makes me want to scream!) I really miss all the Spiritual Sky perfume oils (they used to be readily available, esp at the hippy neighborhood around here) - wonder if they have this brand there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol - I couldn't agree more - even if I win the lotto, I'm not sure I'll be able to pay $300 for perfume! Isn't the whole point simply smelling good? I bought the Al Rehab oils through Amazon because no one in my city carries them. And they're so inexpensive, I didn't mind buying blind. Try a couple and enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I really like their Jasmine Full and White Musk. I've tried about a half dozen over the years, but these two are keepers. I haven't seen the Bakhour, though I have some lovely Bakhoor incense from Swiss Arabian that smells lovely on a candle heater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marla - I've read up on both the Jasmine Full and White Musk but have not tried them yet. Another of my Al Rehab favorites is Al Sharquiah, which is smoky and woody with rose and aoud. Beautiful and soothing. I've had fun with these and hope to try more soon. Good to see you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Josephine,

    I like perfume oils and have been enjoying Al Haramain Saffron (Jafran) Perfume Oil's scent but not the stain-tastic yellow effect! One for use on tissues or cotton wool, I think. Mind you, daffodil-yellow would be appropriate for Spring:-)

    cheerio, Anna in Edinburgh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna - I'm enjoying perfume oils, too, and may have to consider Al Haramain...although the yellow might be a problem! Thanks for your comment - good to see you.

      Delete
  4. Biographywikipedia is a detailed description of a person's life. Learn the basic facts Age, Family, Life Story, DOB, Heights, Weights, Feet, Houses, Boyfriends and Girlfriends of your famous celebrities.

    Vicky Aisha
    Lemy Beauty
    Eriana Blanco
    Gfx tool for pubg

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails