Saturday, June 18, 2016

Wallflowers: Scented Anxiety




Bath and Body Works is having its semi-annual sale again.  These events make me crazy because 1) I can't stay away even though I swear I will, and 2) I end up buying stuff that I don't want, making at least one return trip necessary.  So far, I have visited four stores.  You have to shop around because they all have their own cool stuff.  Everybody knows that.

This year, just to shake things up, I have ventured into a new area: wallflowers.  Until now, they seemed too scary to assemble, but I figure what the hell, I'm a big girl - I can handle this.  The scent holders themselves are puzzling...I can't imagine under what circumstance I would want a 5-inch anchor jutting out of my wall, or a seashell.  Or a turtle.  And what scents are best?  By my count, there's five thousand and forty options.  Baffled, I stare at them for a long time and wonder how I want our rooms to smell.  Like fruit?  Flowers? Cinnamon rolls? They have 'em all.

After sniffing the matching candles, I settle on three scents: Vanilla Beach Flower, Georgia Peach and Frosted Cupcake.  When I get home, just for fun, I read the reviews of these room scents and promptly decide that they all suck.  By relying only on my stellar instincts alone, I have chosen three of the lowest rated scents on the website. 

According to reviews of long time wallflower warriors, Heirloom Pumpkin is a stunning scent with 'throw' and longevity.  B-man likes the smell of pumpkin, which emboldens my decision making. Certain I have avoided a what stinks debacle, I trade the three losers in for three of the pumpkin saviors and hurry home to plug in my very own wallflower, waiting to swoon in delight.  

I hate Heirloom effing Pumpkin.

More smells might be tested, but the process already has me stressed out and gearing up for an Oscar worthy anxiety attack. There's a reason I stayed away from wallflowers all these years.

photo from musingsofamuse.com

2 comments:

  1. I went through a similar debacle. Around the holidays I invested in one super cute wallflower plug and two scents. After a few weeks I hated the scent it was omitting (concentrated in one area) and because of this, determined the wallflower plug I chose was defective. I left a bad review on their site and haven't looked back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I'm not alone in my wallflower angst! I have found one that I like, Mahogany Coconut. Sounds weird, but it smells like a secret closet where all the cool stuff is stored. I've learned that I'm not into the fruity or floral smells, but I do like a warm, woody, smoky scent. I even bought a second plug! Always great to see you here.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails