Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Goodbye Burt and Ernie






Tonight, we have a lovely dinner.  I make my homemade veggie soup and mediterranean butter beans.  We have a salad, toasted baguette and goat cheese to complete our meal.

Yum.

Later, I'm sitting on Big Red, cruising peoplemagazine.com (don't judge) when B-man walks in and says, 'Oh, no!'  In his hands lies the Burt & Ernie bowl that has been in our family for as long as I can remember.  The bowl that our son used for cereal and spaghettios growing up.  The bowl that shared our history, JD's coming of age and our Sesame Street innocence.

The bowl that was broken in half by the dishwasher tonight.

We look at each other.  Then we cry.

Image from blogsfgate.com

5 comments:

  1. oh that breaks my heart! *hugs*

    but that dinner sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frida - I'm sure you relate to this because of your own son...who would have thought that a bowl would represent so much?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. And I have strong emotional attachments to a few things. For instance, I wasn't a big stuff animal lover as a child, but I had/have one that meant a lot to me. A little red fox that I got when I had my tonsils out when I was a wee one. When the Moth and me got together, he re-stuffed it for me by surprise. It is one of my most cherished possessions. If anything happened to that, I would be in pieces.

      Delete
  3. That's one of the sweetest things I've ever heard...go Moth.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails