Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Perfume In Naples and on Airplanes



Tonight, I arrived in Naples, Florida to attend a meeting that includes a small, exclusive group of industry leaders that do the same thing I do. We meet twice a year at posh, fun locations (the last two were Park City and Napa Valley) and spend an intense 36 hours together sharing information during the day and drinking good wine and eating elegant food in the evenings.  

This is my first time in Naples, so of course, I tried to bring perfumes that might represent Florida, and I'd like to buy a perfume that captures Naples while I'm here. After a long day of travel, however, both me and Daphne are tired, so even though I've been out wandering the streets tonight, I can't get a clear feel of the essence of Naples.  Tomorrow morning, I'm heading to the beach - an easy stroll from my hotel.

Since my SOP (B-man taught me this military term, Standard Operating Procedure, and I use it every chance I get because it makes me feel important) requires that I take multiple decants/samples and small size perfumes, here's what I have with me:

Diptique L'eau des Hesperides
Diptique 34 blvd Saint Germain
Al Rehab Bakhour
J-Lo Miami Glow
Lancôme La vie est belle
Jessica Simpson I Fancy You
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau so Fresh
Versace Crystal Noir
Bvlgari Voile de Jasmin
Salvatore Ferragamo Tuscan Soul

And, btw, I'm no longer banning perfume on the airplane, although I try to keep it respectful and pleasant. Besides, this is another perfect way I can use up my B&BW products, as none of them are overwhelming in the universal scope of perfume strength.  This morning, I wore Twilight Woods lotion, Warm Vanilla Sugar body spray and Twisted Peppermint hand cream.  It was perfect.  Oh - plus Sweet Peony shiny hair spray.  I smelled divine in this unsophisticated, 'I'm so friendly and approachable' sort of way.  I consider this a gracious response to the BO/dirty hair/fart sillage that permeates airplane travel.  We all do what we need to do, right?

Any tips or inside scoop for perfume shopping in Naples?

Image from realestatesalesnyc.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails