Saturday, June 4, 2016

Perfume That Made Me Eat Crow: Heiress by Paris Hilton





Paris Hilton's Heiress has popped up several times on this blog.  I thought if I mentioned it in passing, like 'I wear it, but only at night,' or 'I bought the body spray because I was bored and it was there,' no one would judge me or confiscate my ID card to the Perfumista Club.  Probation is a constant threat, but I still use words like 'flanker' and 'sillage.'  That's got to count for something.

To demonstrate my loyalty to said club, I scoffed at Paris Hilton perfumes for years so that everyone would know I had higher standards than they did and was therefore superior.  And I scoffed out loud, not in my head like usual.  I'm talking audible pshhh-ing plus an eye roll with my nose in the air. Chortling may have been involved.

Then came Heiress, which produced an almost obscene OMG moment.  Maybe it was the skittles-wrapped-in-dryer-sheets vibe or maybe the feeling that I was walking past a lilac tree while peeling an orange and chewing bubble gum.  Either way, Heiress is a girl crush in a bottle. 

Bad news is the journey from scoffing to swooning requires eating a few helpings of crow, which sucks because I almost had the chortling thing down.  And crow tastes nasty.  But I must be getting used to it because I just bought two more Paris Hilton perfumes unsniffed: Passport Tokyo and Passport Paris. The most embarrassing part, other than standing in the checkout line forever so everyone knows I'm buying Paris Hilton perfumes? I actually like them.

What the hell...I faked the ID, anyway.

Picture from fragrances.com



2 comments:

  1. I've never smelled these, so I can't comment. But I happen to know that a well-known perfumista has a thing for Mariah Carey's perfumes, and I really like Queen Latifah's. Are we all still in the club? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marla, I'm not sure which club I belong to these days, but Queen is one of my go-to perfumes for evenings on the deck and I just bought M by Mariah Carey for the second time after giving my first bottle away. I like stuff that smells good...that's my club. Thanks for stopping by. :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails