Thursday, October 7, 2010

Perfume + Carpet = Twirling

Paige on the new carpet by the fireplace
Our carpet was finally installed this morning!  It's amazing how much difference this makes in the look and feel of the room.  

Honestly, I'm kind of 'twirly' about it.

Now, we need to re-furnish the rooms, but I want to Scarlett O'Hara that one.  It's too much to take in all at once.

The real problem is that I can be incredibly cheap. 

My cheapness plays out in avoiding, ignoring and denying the need until something absolutely must be replaced (especially clothing, but almost anything).  

This drives B-man nuts, and he shakes his head in disbelief when I shop for an entire day, bring home nothing (because I 'cheap out') then spend the evening telling him about what I should have bought.

He says, 'Why didn't you buy it and try it on at home?'  'You can always take it back if you don't want it.' 

Like that ever crossed my mind.

On the other hand, I think nothing of dropping $150 on a perfume that I Absolutely Must Have.  This doesn't phase me at all. 

Because perfume is a staple.

Which brings me to my next point:  I placed another order. 

In my defense, after receiving multiple offers of 10% off Already Discounted Prices, I received a coupon for 15% off from Parfum 1.

Wear me down...jeez.

So I ordered the following:

Habanita (Molinard)
Ombre Rose (Jean Charles Brosseau)
Le Parfum (Sonia Rykiel)
Dirt (Demeter)

And yes, I'm already tracking the shipping.  Delivery is scheduled for the 13th.  Six days of anticipation, reading reviews and envisioning the rapture upon receiving the package. 

I guess you could call it 'virtual twirling'.

Picture my own.

12 comments:

  1. Nice carpet! And like you I must confess to "cheaping out" on most categories of consumer goods other than perfume, and lately I have been cheaping out on that! Hope you enjoy your purchases and meantime you can savour the anticipation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good carpe. Have you thought what carpet cleaning method you will use. When you have a dog is little difficult for a carpet to stay clean for long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely carpet and puppy!

    I love Habanita! What is Ombre Rose like? I noticed it for sale near me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoy Habanita. It appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Flitter - glad other people cheap out, too! It drives me crazy; part of growing up on a farm perhaps? In that world, frugality is flaunted like the rich flaunt money and possessions. Perfume has apparently helped me work through this, however...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kjanicki, it may have been you that got me interested in Habanita again after trying it in Seattle a couple of years ago. I liked it then and thought it was odd and tobacco-y.

    I have no idea what any Ombre Rose or any of the others that I ordered smell like, which makes my order mysterious and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael, I'm glad you like Habanita. Our perfume taste is similar so I am encouraged!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dirt is so very wonderful; it's been years since my supply ran out and this posted reminded me how much I miss it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do! (Also - Something tells me that it'll go quite nicely with Habanita; maybe not layered per se, but maybe a spritz of each on each arm? Sounds like dirty vetiver-vanilla heaven to me ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. J.P thanks for your comment! I'm really excited to try Dirt and have read many good things about it. Love the idea of layering with Habanita and others.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh! I really like Dirt. And I love Habanita, _and Himself likes it too_, which is almost unprecedented, but last time I tried it I got a migraine that made me afraid to try it again. Whine.

    I grew up in a frugal-to-a-fault family (Mom liked to buy two of the same very cheaply made dress, both of which would fall apart pretty quickly, rather than one dress that would have lasted longer than both together). Himself likes to buy the best. He's partly converted me, so I have an erratic set of frugalities and non-frugalities. Cheap blouses, expensive shoes, cheap snack foods except for expensive chocolate, expensive perfume, practically free shampoo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love pets and your article was very interesting to read.
    Domestic Cleaning Balham

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maids really help most of the families in doing all household chores. That's why our family hire part time maids rather than full time maids as we will not worry about the salary or the benefits of the maid. The agency will provide that.
    Housekeeping in Chennai
    Retirement Community in Chennai

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails