Do you remember, yesterday, when I said my only resolution would be 'to find joy and embrace it?'
I may have lied about that.
Perfume resolutions are warranted, too.
Last year, I set what seemed like a reasonable - but generous - perfume budget for myself. This was quickly shot to hell because...well, I wanted stuff.
'Resolution' is a word that freaks me out, if you want to know the truth. Historically, if I set rules, I can hardly wait to break them. Even though I'm gung-ho in the beginning, before you know it, I'm neener-neenering myself. It's crazy.
This might explain why I embrace neither dieting nor teetotalism.
How about we go with guidelines instead? Yes, here are my Perfume Guidelines for 2011:
1. Buy a full bottle of perfume only if I love it. Like, Oh, My God love it.
2. If a perfume smells like ass when it is applied, the odds are really good that it will smell like ass thirty minutes to an hour later.
3. Host perfume drawings on this blog!
4. After addressing two annoying comments or questions about perfume, I have Inner Critic's permission to fake an urgent phone call.
5. Loving perfume obsessively is not an indication of my shallowness.
6. Buying more perfume than I could possibly wear in this lifetime is an indication of my shallowness...and hoarding.
7. Inner Critic needs to shut the hell up.
8. Consider a signature work scent. Evenings and weekends are still a free-for-all.
9. Just because there's a sale does not mean I have to place an order. Necessarily.
10. Figure out how to blame B-man when I go over my perfume budget.
How about you? What are your perfume
Picture from diabetesmine.com