Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Best Things About Eating Like The French




For the record, I have eaten like the French for one month and five days.  That's got to be a record.

One book, 'The French Don't Diet Plan,' by Dr. Will Clower, has guided me and made interesting points that spark my need for experimentation.

My favorites among them:

1.  Low fat, no fat and most fast food is fake food.  Our bodies are not designed to process the chemicals in these items and they lead to all sorts of health problems, obesity among them.  Eating food in its purest form is both delicious and healthy.

2.  Wine with dinner is a good thing!  I don't necessarily want to drink wine every night, but I've removed my self-imposed rules about drinking days/non-drinking days.  Now, I drink wine - or not - whenever I want.

3.  We have the ability to dial our appetites up or down, depending on our own patterns of eating.  It's easy to believe that we are born with big or small appetites, and have a gauge beyond our control that determines what, and how much, we eat.  Not so.

4.  Exercise doesn't have to be a 'go for the burn,' maximum heart rate kind of thing.   I have a routine that works for me, but I no longer worry if I do less one day than another.  Or skip a day.  I'm listening to my body more and responding to what feels right in the moment.  

5. Relaxing, and eating wonderful food, causes greater relaxation and enjoyment in other areas, too.  I've given myself permission to move into a slower gear that lends itself to more mindfulness. Not only is food more enjoyable, but so is the rest of my life.

Maybe I have finally found The Perfect Way To Eat.  

Yay me.

image from 123rf.com

2 comments:

  1. yes!!! I will have to take a look at that book too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frida - I think you might enjoy this book - give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails