Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A CrankyTale of Hot Flashes




Feeling out of sorts and cranky.  Woke up at 2:30 a.m. and never did get back to sleep.  Tried to snuggle with B-man but got too hot. Because of hot flashes.  Hot flashes fan the flames of cranky. Say that five times in a row.  It will annoy you and bring on a hot flash. 

I'm having a hot flash right now.  Effing hell.

Just moved back into my newly remodeled office today.  So excited to be there until I realized that nothing was hooked up...not my computer, not my phone, nothing.  Which made me hot and sweaty and flushed and cranky.  

Here's the thing about hot flashes.  They can happen anytime and anywhere, but never when you need 'em.  Like when I'm freezing in one of our hospitals, there is no hot flash to be found. No, they wait around the corner like the restaurant server that suddenly appears and spews out an enthusiastic, 'how's everything tasting?' just as you stuff an oversize bite in your mouth.

Hot flashes do that too as they announce to the world that menopause has arrived and now you're a crone.  An old crone.  A old hot crone.  An old, hot cranky crone.

Don't mess with me.

Picture from charmedlegacy.wikia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails