Monday, January 9, 2012

Why Doesn't January Suck This Year?


For whatever reason, I don't have the usual January blues.  Normally, at this time of year, I feel pinned in by the cold weather and depressed because the holidays are over and - once again - they failed to live up to my expectations.  The upcoming year just lays there like a lonely highway through the Mojave desert.

But not this January.

We are coming off one of the best holiday seasons ever.  I feel connected to my family and excited about my work.  I'm not too chubby after the holidays (eating like the French, yeah!) and B-man and I are almost giddy about our life, calling each other 'Sugar' and 'Babe' until Paige is ready to throw up.

So what the hell is going on?  I'm not sure, but I like it.

image from cityprofile.com

3 comments:

  1. Glad that this month (usually such a grizzlybear, I agree) is treating you right. I think having a mild La Nina season means a gentler January for all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olenska - you're right, I'm enjoying our La Nina winter! Hope you're enjoying your January, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are coming off one of the best holiday seasons ever. I feel connected to my family and excited about my work. punjabi suit wholesale market , pakistani suit wholesale market ,

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails