Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011!!

A sunny and beautiful New Year's Day

2011 is finally here!

Don't make me drink any more champagne.

Last night marked the return of our annual pre-New Year's Eve party.   After attending numerous, painfully long parties in our past, B-man and I decided to take a fresh look at the holiday.  

We want to play on New Year's Eve, but neither one of us necessarily wants to stay up until midnight.

Morning people suck at that.

Paige the Snow Dog

So we created another option; the pre-party.  Our favorite people come and play until 9-10:00, then go forth and bring in the new year however they want.   

Last year, Mom was in the hospital, and none of us were in a party mood.

It feels good to be back.

My New Year's Resolution? 

Simple: To find joy and embrace it.

A cold and snowy wonderland


Pictures my own, taken this morning from the deck

10 comments:

  1. And to you, Frida - thanks for your blogging friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Hope it was fun. I love not only your snowy deck photos, but also the new photo of you! (Not that I didn't like your old photo too, but you look absolutely radiant in your latest!)

    Happy New Year, Josephine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year Josephine! I can't agree more with the sentiment 'find joy and embrace it'. What a lovely thought, and I hope you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzanne, hi! Yes, we had a good time on New Year's Eve, and I am so glad the holidays are over! Thanks, too, for your kind compliment about my photo. My husband took this picture on NYE, during our soiree, and it signified a new shift into a new year.

    Happy New Year to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michael, it feels like 2010 was simply a year of loss and of letting go. Starting a new year feels so significant! Even though February marks a year since Mom died, getting through the holidays without her was huge. I'm ready to start living my life - in joy - once again.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I really hope that you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Josephine!

    Sounds as though you are embarking on 2011 in a very positive frame of mind, and I hope the coming year is kinder to you than the last 12 months.

    And I agree that the new avatar is a corker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vintage Lady, thank you! It was certainly comforting to be with family this year. I hope your holidays were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vanessa, thanks for your encouragement. I have already experienced a bit of a slump; the usual letdown after the holidays, and the realization that every year will be come and go without my mother. Still, I am relieved and look forward and move on.

    Happy New Year to you, Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails