Monday, January 3, 2011

Wow, Really?



When it comes to fashion, I'm a practical girl. You already know this.

Nevertheless, I wear heels to work (mostly boots in the winter) along with jewelry, light make-up and the occasional scarf.  Usually, I regret the scarf, but still.

Thumbing through my latest issue of Oprah magazine last night in bed, I come across an article featuring wardrobe makeovers.  Several of the women are wearing Christian Louboutin shoes.

Now, I get that these pricey, red soled shoes are all high fashion and 'Sex and the City,' but I just have to ask one question: are ya freakin' kiddin' me?

Aside from stripping, I can't imagine an occasion for which they would be the perfect footwear.  Even then, you might tip over.  

Or put an eye out.

Here's what I'd really like to see:  Mr. Louboutin himself teetering down the fashion runway in a pair of his 5-inch stilettos.  You know, to elongate the line of his legs.

For that, I would pay real money. 

Picture from shoppingblog.com

10 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm with you! Those things are a danger to one's feet, knees, hips, and spine! Not to mention the shortening of the calf muscles. And walking anywhere, particularly if one is in a hurry? Fugeddaboudit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really.

    I have some Nine West yellow pumps that wouldn't sell on eBay, if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. queen_cupcake, you are so right! I'm certain I could stand very stylishly in Louboutins, but please don't make me walk anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Frida - glad you enjoyed the post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olfacta, if you ever hear of such an event, let me know - perhaps we could score front row seats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joan, thanks so much for the offer, but I'll pass for now. Although...yellow just might spice up my boring wardrobe palette of black, grey, beige and camel. It's possible I'm hopeless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. EverydayCowgirl, welcome! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails