Monday, December 31, 2012

My Most Worn Perfumes of 2012



Okay, I'm in. 

After reading many 'Best Of 2012' posts, I am truly impressed with the level of sophistication and awareness of other perfume bloggers.  Fortunately, I feel no need to compete with those who know much more than I about new, obscure niche offerings.

I try to avoid making an ass of myself whenever possible.  

But I do have to offer up something, because the middle child in me is jumping around, yelling, 'I want to play, I want to play, I want to plaaaaaay!'

Dude, relax.

Thinking back on the year, and viewing my perfume collection, I realize that both what I sniff and what I wear is first and foremost...accessible.  Below are the perfumes I wore the most in 2012.  A few are repeats from lists of years past.  But then, some loves never change.

My Most Worn Perfumes of 2012:

Un Jardin en Mediterranee by Hermes - My go anywhere, anytime with anyone perfume.

Rose Essentielle by Bvlgari - Makes me and everyone in the room feel a little sunnier.

Un Jardin Sur le Nil by Hermes - Peppy and serious at the same time.

Eclat by Fragonard - Floral, powdery and sweet...short lived but fun.

Prada Infusion D'Iris - Woody and floral, great office perfume that won't ruffle any feathers.

Josephine by Rance - The name, the story and the bottle is fabulous.  The juice, however, is better layered with Jovan musk.

DKNY Pure - Innocuous office perfume that says, 'No, really, I'm a warm person.'

Cabaret by Gres - Soapy, raspberry rose and incense. 

Montale Aoud Damascus - Aoud, rose and...ocean breeze.

Essence Eau de Musc by Narcisso Rodriguez - Freshly dry cleaned and steam ironed.

Baiser Vole by Cartier - Herbal green violet bouquet.

White Aoud by Montale - Deep woods, Band-Aids and vanilla. 

Montale Black Aoud would also appear on this list if I hadn't leaked a decant all over my make-up bag two trips ago.  Fortunately, the spill sillage (and the trauma) is fading, so you can expect this perfume on next year's list.

Happy New Year!


image from elaineshannon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails