Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Rules are There for a Reason


Rules and rituals are important when one adopts a new perfume.  For instance, I don't let myself open the package until I complete some trumped up chore just to build dramatic tension.  Then, slowly, I open the box with a utility knife and try to guess if it is packed in bubble wrap or Styrofoam peanuts.  I'm not sure what this means, I only know it's very important.  Then, the sprayer must be tested, but not just in any room! 

In the Smellie Room.  

Usually, if I receive perfume during the week, I wait until the weekend to give it an honest whirl.  It's just too risky to wear it to work without having figured out the sillage and the exact amount to wear for maximum, but appropriate, effect.  Never again do I want to find myself thinking, "god, what reeks," and realize it's me. 

But today, I broke the rules and wore Gris Clair to work with no prior weekend spin around the block.  As a result, I sprayed halfheartedly and wimped out on Gris Clair's World Debut.  

I speak do-overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails