Friday, August 6, 2010

My Double Rainbow


This morning, on my way to work, I had a moment where I was overcome by a sense of peace and joy.  

During that time - and it lasted only a few seconds - I felt complete mental clarity and my surroundings were alive with perfect Hollywood lighting.   I was listening to the Alan Parson's Project, caught up in the reflective, intelligent lyrics and the originality of the music itself. 

Plus, I smelled so damn good.  (Cabaret, by Gres, was the Scent of the Day.)

In the wake of my mother's death, and the resulting weirdness, moments of sheer pleasure surprise and delight me.  More than ever before, I feel a sense of urgency to truly experience life, try things I have never done and treasure the people I love.

Peace and Joy: the double rainbow following a thunderstorm.

photo taken last night from our deck

4 comments:

  1. so glad that brief revelation came to you!
    You deserve it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Sometimes moments of happiness just comes by themselves, out of nowhere so it may well be a built in quality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LBV, thanks for your comment. Deserving or not, it was certainly a breath of fresh air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy, hi - how nice to receive a comment from you. I believe your theory is correct. Given the right circumstances, and openness on our part, happiness is part of what's already built in.

    Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails