Wednesday, August 4, 2010

The Luscious Poeme

Every time I wear Poeme, as I did yesterday, B-man says, "that's luscious."  No other perfume gets this response.

Poeme is a floral symphony, beginning with soprano top notes accompanied by a hint of rubber.

Seductively screechy.


Within minutes, however, Poeme adds its buttery, alto note.  This is Big Girl perfume.  Chicks Rule perfume.    I am Woman Hear Me Roar perfume.

You get the idea.

With Poeme, I find myself  moving with more grace and speaking more gently.  Not like Monday, when f-bombs were waiting to fly out of my mouth like the monkeys on Wizard of Oz.  

Poeme ensures my frontal lobe remains intact and engaged.

Sadly, I have forgotten what it's like to wear girly perfume.  For the past months - we don't know why - I've been on an anti-floral/sweet/spicy/oriental/gourmand kick.  As you can imagine, this narrows the field.

But yesterday, as I caught whiffs of Poeme, elegant and thoroughly luscious, I  thought  'it's time - unleash the girly girl within.'

That felt good.

8 comments:

  1. I've never tried that one and now I will, thanks! I wonder if my husband will like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must revisit - I don't think I was feeling nearly girly girl enough last time I tried it in store...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great... another one to hunt down now... "Girly-girl" activates my lemming glands. :)

    I also want that t-shirt I saw on Zazzle that says, "Don't make me release my flying monkeys." (That's girly-girl, too, isn't it?)

    But the SOTD is La Myrrhe. Ooooh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot. This means I have a penchant for a girly-girl perfume.

    I haven't pulled it out in quite a while...maybe it is time. I haven't forgotten what it's like to wear girly girl perfume, but haven't chosen to, either.

    Glad it went well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi kjanicki - you should definitely try Poeme. I avoided wearing it around my husband at first, certain he would think it was 'too much.' The fact that he thought it was luscious was an unexpected treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FS - if you're not feeling a bit girly girl, Poeme probably won't work. It's not always right, but when it is, IT IS. Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muse, hello! Love the 'lemming gland' - I have it, too! Have never tried La Myrrhe, but now you've tweaked MY lemming gland.

    Give Poeme a try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, SS! If you haven't worn Poeme for awhile (as I hadn't), pull it out and give it a whirl.

    I'd be interested in knowing how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails