Monday, July 5, 2010

Yatagan In The Mountains


Today, B-man and I decided to get out of the heat and go to the mountains.  We already live in the mountains, so it's only a 30-minute drive to the top of one of the canyons that surround us.  Early on, I decide that Yatagan by Caron is the scent of the day.  

 "I will be wearing the Yatagan," I proclaim to B-man, using my best Jean-Luc Picard voice, which is pretty good if I do say so myself.  This announcement is necessary because, as you know, he has been hogging it for quite some time.

Let's face it, the first spritz of Yatagan smells like feces floating in rubbing alcohol.  Not my feces, of course - this would call to mind delicate white flowers - but someone's.  

Someone who had curry for dinner last night.

You know it's true.

Nevertheless, I forge ahead, knowing by now that the top notes will subside just before the panic attack and subsequent shower sets in.

As we head up the mountain, Yatagan does its thing and turns completely to pine; pine trees, pine needles and pine cones.  Fortunately, not PineSol, but it's a near miss.


Right before we reach our mountain lake destination, Yatagan introduces the oakmoss, which mellows the pine and moves us into the wood section.   Wormwood is listed as the prominent wood note in Yatagan, but it actually reminds me of broken willow branches that are difficult to peel from the tree, being green, alive and still attached to their source.  Yatagan is content with this drydown and it clings to my skin for a very long time. 

For today's adventure, it is perfect.

We had an amazing day, even though, in this picture, B-man looks like the best time he can envision is sawing women in half, just for fun.  


Our adventure ended with champagne on the deck, laptop in tow, searching for the next outdoor escapade.




Photos taken today at Silver Lake in Big Cottonwood Canyon and off our deck in the evening.

7 comments:

  1. Nice review Jospehine. Yatagan is a great fragrance, if a little temperamental at times. You live in a beautiful place. Not being from the States myself I haven't a clue where you are, but it sure beats green and gentle England for scenary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the view and atmosphere :) Btw, we almost have same haircut! :D be-bellatrix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. yatagan in the mountains, make it so!

    looks like a lovely time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, you are right. I must be in the right mood to wear Yatagan and, if I'm honest, I like it a bit better on my husband. But the non-girliness of it really appeals to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ankica, hello and welcome! Thanks for your comment. A haircut twin - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi LBV! Thanks for the comment - we had a lovely time indeed. Yes, make it so!

    I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Picard geek.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails